This Weekend’s Race Results
- Healthy Kidney 10K: Stephen Mullan 41:45, Ambrose Wheatcroft 46:54, Alfonso Chang 57:21
- Japan Day 4M: Alfonso Chang 33:40, Heidi Tanakatsubo (pacer)
- Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon, MN: Hideki Kinoshita 3:15:12
- Maine Coast Marathon: Hideki Kinoshita 3:54.
Congratulations to all our racers.
This Week’s Workouts: 5/13-5/19
Monday. Reservoir Loops.
Warm up the west side to 86th Street. Run 2-3 reservoir loops at your half marathon race pace. Take a 2-3 minute recovery between loops. Cool down back to 63rd Street.
Wednesday. Brooklyn Half bib pickup
Tonight we’ll be running to Brooklyn and picking up our Brooklyn Half Marathon bibs. The plan is to run to the West Side Hwy, make a left on Canal St. and take that all the way to the Manhattan Bridge. Once over the bridge, we will head to the Old Tobacco Warehouse, on Brooklyn’s East River waterfront at 26 New Dock Street. It will be a little more than 7 miles. We will hang out there and have some food and drinks. We will NOT be returning to the YMCA, so do not bring a bag unless you plan to run with it. DO bring a MetroCard.
GOOD LUCK to everyone running the Brooklyn Half Marathon this Saturday! Don’t forget to sign up for upcoming points races. Use our club abbreviation “WSY” when you register.
- Sunday, June 16th. Portugal Day 5M (Men’s points race)
- Saturday, June 8th. Oakley NY Mini 10K (women only)
- Saturday, June 29th. Front Runners Pride Run 5M
- Saturday, August 3rd. Team Championships